Quantcast

wooden aircraft plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

janderson

Does anybody know where I can get wooden aircraft plans online for a good price? I would prefer them to be ultralight but it's not nessasary.

padrecolin

Does anybody know where I can get wooden aircraft plans online for a good price? I would prefer them to be ultralight but it's not nessasary.
Take a look at Portal de Aviación Ultraligera - Ultralight Aviation Portal. It is a Spanish site but click on "English" and you will find nearly 400 plans. Sadly only a few are still accessible. Most have been either suspended or you need to have a swop item but it would be difficult to find a plan to swop that they don't already have. Anyway there are enough to whet your appetite. If you have anything specific in mind feel free to get back to me as I downloaded 80 or so before they started the restrictions.
Cheers,
padrecolin

nestofdragons

The plans of the Flying Flea are now for free online. The last member of the Mignet family gave the legacy to the world. Flying flea is a small, but fun airplaine. Ideal for a beginner. Fun for a experienced pilot. You can park it in a normal garage due to the folding wings. You can learn more about it on:flying flea - Nest of Dragons

nestofdragons

Take a look at the aircraft offered by Falconar Avia:

http://falconaravia.com/
Pleeeeaaaase, don't buy Falconar plans. In the Flying Flea world they are known as bad translations of foreign plans. Also as very bad copies of old blueprints. And in this group i even found remarks that they miss data. One even tells that the location of CG was not on the plans. Sooooorry. That is not the way to sell plans to people who want to built a airplane. Selling them as archives would be better acceptable.

Peterson

Pleeeeaaaase, don't buy Falconar plans. In the Flying Flea world they are known as bad translations of foreign plans. Also as very bad copies of old blueprints. And in this group i even found remarks that they miss data. One even tells that the location of CG was not on the plans. Sooooorry. That is not the way to sell plans to people who want to built a airplane. Selling them as archives would be better acceptable.
Falconar offers more than Flying Flea plans. His Maranda, Cubmajor, SAL Mustang, and F series plans all have very good reputations for being very detailed and complete. He offers more designs than that, just fewer builders.

rbrochey

Falconar offers more than Flying Flea plans. His Maranda, Cubmajor, SAL Mustang, and F series plans all have very good reputations for being very detailed and complete. He offers more designs than that, just fewer builders.
I'm very happy with the plans from Chris Falconar... I'm now officially building two of his planes... the Falconar F 10 (Jodel D9 variant but bigger for a larger power plant) and his F 295 E which is a true ultralight version of the Flying Flea...my idea being it would be fun to have a little ultralight easy to build variant while I took my time on the F 10. His plans couldn't be more precise and he answers my questions through email very quickly. Chris is an aeronautical engineer... I totally trust his plans. I'm also using his HIPEC covering system.

Jon Ferguson

So which one are going to go with Janderson? Just so you know I'm building a wood plane on my YouTube channel right now and sharing whatever wisdom i've gleaned the hard way.

D

deftone

Your website is what inspired me to build my own plane Ron! I still spend a lot of time in there reading.
I agree, it's a great website and I have been teetering on the edge of making the decision on building one. I already have 2 works in progress though, so need to finish one first!

With regards to cheap wooden plans... If you are experienced then the Falco plans and build manual are available for free online. I hope to try and build one in the future, but it is certainly complex and time consuming to build.

scottperk

For an exhaustive list that adheres to your preference for wooden ultralight legal....
I dont know about availability online but the SKYPUP, JDT MiniMax, Fisher 202,
Cloudster, and the Mariah/T-100 by Gene Turner, and I guess some of the designs
by Roger Mann ( if they are still available ) represent the best available proven
designs from credible designers. With some difficulty you could add a design
from France called the Souricette if you want some Ur-a-Peeing ( European ) taste.

Re the Banty, the very most carefully built versions always still seemed to be
25 or 35 pounds overweight. It is arguable whether or not the wonderful
Ritz-Std. could be built from the plans as it is thought there is not enough detail
to replicate the kit components.