• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wood prop blanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X'N

I'd like to build a wood prop for my bearhawk patrol project (it would be a couple years down the road) but I'd like to get more info on making the prop blank. I've purchased the propeller making for amature book and have also collected ANC-18 and some other sport air articles about prop building. I'd like to gather as much info as I can before attempting it. Is there any place out there that sells pre-made prop blanks? Not that I would go that way but maybe if the price was right. Anyone know of some good articles of the prop blank construction? Are most people now using epox or still using resorcinol glue (what are the pros and cons of each)? What kind of leading edge protection is out there now? As for cutting it out and design I plan on using my cnc router to cut and JC prop software for the design.

Back