• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wood and Chevys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wagy59

I Joined the forum about a month or so ago, and someone suggested I start a new thread and introduce myself and share what I've been designing. Since I'm a spaz when it comes to online forums/discussion group websites, it took me a couple weeks to get around to figuring out how to start a new thread. Anyway...good to be here...Lots of good people and good stuff on here.
I've had it in my head for nearly 15 years to design and build a high performance airplane around originally the trusty ole chevy smallblock v8s...Now it's evolved to the state of the art LS series of (Corvette) chevrolet engines that I'm interested in. My airplane will be mostly spruce with birch & mahogany plywood. I'm just a wood guy...love the stuff....Love gluing things too...like my fingers for example...
Some of you have already seen a few renderings but here is the latest. Biggest change to the drawings are the radiators in the wing just like the DH Mosquito..After much reading and researching and looking at what others have done and experimented with, I just couldn't figure out a better way to incorporate the radiators. One thing I've learned quite some time ago is designing an airplane is a heck of a lot more work than flying one!
There is an album in my profile page with a few additional recent AutoCad renderings.
Feel free to question, poke fun, make suggestions, joke, ridicule. All welcome..Keeps me on my toes
4ft step ladder is for size comparison...to hard and time consuming to draw a 3d human in autocad:gig:
64.jpg

Back