• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Winter instruments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle

Its time for me to order some instruments for my Dakota Hawk build . I have to stay in budget so I was first thinking about the standard UMA or Falcon gauges from Aircraft spruce but there was a brand called "Winter " that looked very interesting. They have some unique features . But are they worth the extra cost? I have budgeted about 200 dollars per flight gauge and 130 dollars per engine gauge , anybody have any coast saving ideas that would work and still leave me with reliable gauges ?

Anyone out there have any opinions on the Winter brand of gauges.

Also this is my first build and I was wondering what the max speed on my airspeed gauge should be . My airplane will have a VNE speed of 120MPH. So should my Airspeed stop at 120 or 140 or 160 ?? "Winter" only makes gauges that go to 120 or 160 Mph?

The left side of my panel will have four 3,1/8 th inch flight gauges
Airspeed
Altitude
Vertical speed
Tach

The right side of the panel will be 2,1/4 inch
fuel level
Oil pressure
Oil temp
Voltage
amperage
cyl head temp
OAT

Here is a photo of the blank panel as it is now .

100_1193.jpg

Last edited:
Back