• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing strut attach fitting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillDavis

Hi everyone I have a beaver rx28 ultralight and I was assembling it to fly this past weekend and during assembly of my last wing strut to the fuselage bracket the fitting on the wing strut broke. The fitting appears to be 6061 aluminum and is 1"x3/4" bar stock with a grove cut in the end. The manufacturing process on the part looks very crude. Does this part appear to be a factory part or ...? I know it is acceptable procedure to make these strut fitting out of bar stock but not sure if it is acceptable to cut a groove in it as was done here. I believe this groove weakened the fitting greatly and really am trying to figure out how to proceed. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Bill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 219
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 214
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 220