wing profile

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

UserName

I am looking for the airfoil profile for a Piper PA28-180 that was built in 1962. Piper introduced the tapered wing with the NACA 65(2)-415 in 1979, but that profile was not used on the PA28 in 1962.
Originally all Cherokees had a constant-chord rectangular planform wing, popularly called the Hershey Bar wing because of its resemblance to the flat candy bar. I am looking for the NACA profile number of this wing. If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreicated.

UserName

addaon,
Thanks for the reply.
The information on page 3 of the pdf posted shows that the information is referenced from 1995. The Cherokee 180 that I looked at is a 1968 and it has the bulge (camber) on the lower side of the airfoil closer to the leading edge.
This is the profile 65(2)-415 that was used on the later models. I can find all sorts of websites that shows the later profile, but none for the 1968 model. May have to contact Piper.
Thanks!
naca652415.jpg

UserName

Here is the wing profile of a 1967 Piper PA28-180 that I am trying to find the NACA number for. It looks to be a slightly different from the 65(2)-415 profile. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

67_PiperCherokee180_sn28-4272_e.jpg

orion

R.I.P.
Still looks to be like the same airfoil as used on the rest. The only thing that looks to be a bit different is that the aft cusp seems to be a bit more pronounced but I'm pretty sure it's the same section. (You can plot that section with a cusp or with a slightly reduced one - but it's still the same section). I'm not seeing the bulge you indicate.