• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing plug finish

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berridos

Hi guys

I finally finished one side of the wing plug after several thousand hours of sanding. I wet sanded the plug up to 800 grit mounted on a flexible plexiglass plate. then I dry sanded with my mirka 1000 andala.jpgborde ataque.jpgborde.jpg 3000. Afterwards i applied two polishing compounds.
Before I painted the fiberglass plug with a 2k "affordable" car primer (white) and then black 2k polurethane paint.
The problem is the primer shows thru the paint on some places as little white spots (shown the worst sections). Is this a no go to pull off the mold? I will use nord rm2500 or 3000 poliester to pull off the moulds.

Regarding Nord RM2500 could i use 3d-core, lantor or some similar sandwich in order to stabilise the huge mould? I would like to heat the mould up to 80ºC and am afraid that the sandwich could produce distortion due to the asymetric layers around the sandwich.

Back