• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing Morphing Challenges.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traskel

Hello. I am new here, limited in my abilities, and am curious for input. I would like to learn how to create two, related solid models of wing cross-sections from existing airfoil shapes. I imagine the sections would be most easily created as lofted solids from scaled cross-sections of each airfoil, ( I use Alibre, a SW knock-off). I want to match the perimeter length of each airfoil at each station along the wing sections so that each station could be "morphed" from one section to the other while utilizing the same "Skin". Does this make sense to any of you? Has it been done? Is there a way to do it other than through manual iterations? I may not easily follow your explanations but will appreciate any input in these regards. Thank you for your time and consideration and your excellent forum.

Back