• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing Loading Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay

Hey guys I am building a highly modified kitfox model 1 here and need some opinions, It looks like when I install my wing tips I will have a total length of 13 foot now with a 42 inch wing 42*156=6552sq" /144=45.5sq'*2=91sq' total now with a gross weight of 1050 we divide that by 91=11.53lbs per sq foot. what I am trying to figure out here is if this ceconite 103 fabric which was 1.7oz will work or not. The 103 looks like it has a wing load of 9lbs per sq foot. So now do I figure in the full length flaperons as a lifting surface or not and or anything else as a lifting surface? Or is this not how you figure this out? The only reason I am considering using the ceconite is because I have it.

Attachments

• bam 001.jpg
    bam 001.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 84
Back