• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wing attachment angles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imamac96

I’m not sure where to put this, but it seems like it should go in general design. I can’t find the answer using the search box and this has been over the course of about a week. Perhaps I don’t have the right keywords.

The Zenith and Thatcher center section spars are square at the end, and the outboard spars have a slight angle at the inboard side to accommodate the dihedral. Why is it this combination (A)? Why do we not instead leave the outboard spars square and taper the inboard (B)? Smaller parts are easier to work with and less expensive to replace if we make a mistake.

I cannot yet see how there is a significant structural difference between the two styles. Am I missing something huge here?

Attachments

• DE3D8DF3-4288-4812-9EF3-B5ECD1E8C118.jpeg
    DE3D8DF3-4288-4812-9EF3-B5ECD1E8C118.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 36
Back