• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Wind Driven Rain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etard

We performed a new test at work and I was charged with setting it up. Initially, we arranged a 60-in blade electric fan to get the 40 mph wind speed required, but after some questionable electric service issues, we decided to get two 42" gas powered units. This worked much better for the air collector we built.

The test simulates wind driven rain directed up under roofing tiles under hurricane like conditions. The test deck is supposed to receive 6-in of rainfall and 40 mph winds. The fans performed flawlessly and we ran them for three 15 minute full power cycles. I am sure they are governed, but the 620CC Honda motors did great.

We also had some free time after the test, so seeing as how the wind machines were on wheels, a quick jaunt around the parking lot was in order. I cannot show pictures of this in order to protect the innocent(err guilty).

Here is a link to the fans:

Set Stuff Rentals -

It's a good day when your interests and your work come together.

Attachments

• wind driven setup.jpg
    wind driven setup.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 84
Back