Why the wait and hesitation?

Discussion in 'Finishing Techniques' started by don january, Jun 26, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jun 26, 2019 #1

don january

don january

don january

For years I have opened this forum to view what is going on in the home built aircraft world and to no end it's mostly 99% what ifs and how can I. Also does the math work out. I have seen very few actual aircraft being built and that's a bummer. I myself am building a plane and get emails weekly for advice from another person who is building a plane near the same type. I use to jump on HBA to help with input but now it's seems to me to be more of an collage drop center to get there grades better. My point is if your here to build and fly a HBA great but if not please stop blowing smoke up the forums ass and take your BS to Yahoo or grandmas house.

pictsidhe, Rockiedog2, bmcj and 7 others like this.
  2. Jul 15, 2019 #2

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

MadProfessor8138

While this Forum can be a tremendous help at times....it can also be a hindrance and discourage people from taking the leap into building as well.
    The problem is, this is an open Forum and therefore you get people from all walks of life posting here.
    Like yourself,I'm building and get on here to educate myself on certain issues and to seek out others that are building too.
    While some replies are indeed helpful,the majority of replies are meant to discourage and degrade the OP.
    I've mentioned to the Forum and to the Moderator,a few times,that creating a section that lists states,building members in that state and the projects that they are building would be a good way to put builders in touch with each other....someone may be fairly close to you and you never realized it.
    I would be happy to add my name to a list that gives my location and project that I'm working on so others could contact me.
    The suggestion fell on deaf ears......

Kevin

3. Jul 15, 2019 #3

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

pictsidhe

I often find myself banging my head against brick walls here.
    There are some very, very clever people on here. unfortunately, they don't post often. I know who they are and look forward to their posts, as I will very often learn something. I rarely teach them anything. There are less clever people too (like me), I can discuss stuff with them and very often, we will both learn something. That's exactly what HBA is for. Then there are the people who counter practical, mathematical or physics arguments with "well, I think that's wrong'. They don't have relevant experience or knowledge or reference books or mathematical acumen and it is pointless trying to discuss much past the weather with them. "All the books are wrong' is a claim that needs something more substantial than "I think'.

Yeah, my project is going slowly. I have some life in the way to really get rolling. But, I am doing design and tests. I have been put off telling you about due to all the people who have done neither the maths nor actual tests telling me that it won't work... Don't worry, my round file IS getting plenty of use, but my slim 'this'll work' file is slowly growing.

Voidhawk9 likes this.