Why people become pilots

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
Yes, because gliders are quite a bit better than girls.

They're less expensive to acquire and maintain, and they stay quiet in the trailer when you are not actually engaging in the key activity.

Importantly, I found that I could keep a glider up for many hours longer than I could actively participate in the key activities with the girls (although I believe technology has now been developed to address that).

Most of all, when a glider kills you, it's quick and painless.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
For all my fellow glider pilots, would you have learned in gliders had you seen this first?
Though I am not a sailplane pilot, this infographic does confirm my belief that single-seat airplanes are superior, as they avoid unnecessary entanglements.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
Yes, because gliders are quite a bit better than girls.

They're less expensive to acquire and maintain, and they stay quiet in the trailer when you are not actually engaging in the key activity.

Importantly, I found that I could keep a glider up for many hours longer than I could actively participate in the key activities with the girls (although I believe technology has now been developed to address that).

Most of all, when a glider kills you, it's quick and painless.
I believe you meant chemistry.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
We wore them (past tense, 1981-87) on every flight in competition, speed/distance record attempts, and cross-country racing. Some of my friends had to use theirs (mid-airs, hi-speed flutter, etc.) but I never had to use mine.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
It is much less disturbing if the situation allows you to chose to use it rather than be in a situation where you have to use it.

I never had to use it but I did to chose to use it once. That was good experience.