• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Why not roadable aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Himat

Aircar wrote in another thread “And maybe start ANOTHER thread specifically for debunkers,naysayers and those wanting to indulge in putdowns ....”

Since I do think the roadable aircraft is technical possible, but due to other constraints a development dead end I will start the thread. Part is that in some way I don’t like to put down a good argument about the technology due to regulatory, political, economical, the organisation of society or other “side issues”. So here we go, this is not about the technical solutions, but other implications of roadable aircraft. The mission and what you want from a roadable aircraft is of course part of this. Maybe by thinking about this the roadable aircraft do come closer.

And remember, the one that consider serious discussions just serious and jokes just for fun have understood both poorly. (My bad translation from the original Danish text.)

In the different threads concerning roadable aircraft at least these main topics have been mentioned against roadable aircraft:
-Economics
-Safety
-Juridical
-Infrastructure

One example I used was about seaplanes. In part of the world a seaplane would work well as roadable aircraft. Then, why are they not used as such?

Another consideration some people actually do like to live in towns, do that influence viability of raodable aircrafts?

Back