• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Why I like Experimental...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

Ah, the joys of the FAA....

Had a form 337 come back the other day. Recovered a right wing on a Pacer Using the Ceconite process and said so on the form. "We were unable to determine which Ceconite fabric, dope or paint type was used..." I said "Ceconite". I said "according to Ceconite procedure manual 101"... But, fool that I am, I didn't put the STC number down. Now I can't expect them to search through all the different Ceconite procedures to find the right one, can I?? I mean there must be hundreds of "Ceconite procedures" and hundreds of different Ceconite Procedure manuals" out there....

On the same airplane: It's a converted PA-22 Tripacer. Using STC SA45RN it has been converted to a PA-20. I installed an Alaskan Bushwheel kit, approved for PA-20s. FAA comes back and says that kit is not approved for a PA-22. No kidding? It's not a PA-22. It's a PA-20.

First time in 8 years I had 337 come back.

I have two more big projects and I think I'll be done with certified airplane nonsense.

Back