• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Why do amphibians nose dive on occassions ?? whats the major cause ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tunnels

china is my home , place of work but was born in N
I have heard that amphibian's nose dive now and then, why ?
The picture of the sea era taking off it was the opposite and had its back end buried in the water and looked to be absolutely struggling to get on top of the water, why?
What is the problems ,is the under body shape wrong ??
doesn't have enough planning area ??
why is it so difficult and really hard work for a small plane to get on top of the water plane smoothly then simply take off ??
yes I know all about skin friction on water and used to water ski in my younger days!! but that's not a problem till speed gets above 35 or 40 mph !!, even at 60mph water I pretty slipper and my small power boat wanted to get airborne !!
So what's the problem ????

Mod Note: I have merged 2 threads that are the on the same subject into this one..

Tunnels, please only start one thread for the same questions. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back