• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Who's teaching who?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's an odd situation... I was asked to ferry a new Quicksilver about 50 miles, because the instructor who's going to check out the new owner doesn't have enough recent time in type to make the insurance company happy and I do, even though it's been 10 years since I flew a Quick. I did this today (it was a long cold flight!). I'd forgotten how vague they are in flight, actually I thought that was just the beat up one I used to fly but the brand new one is no different. Next, even though I'm not a CFI, I have to check out the CFI for 3 hours in the plane, so he can instruct his student in it. At the same time that I'm checking out the CFI, he'll give me my biennial (since only the insurance company has a problem with it; he's legally qualified to instruct in it) and possibly log it as dual instruction for my own CFI-SP checkride, which I've been thinking about doing for awhile.

Dana

Back