Who lets the dogs in?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TFF

There are videos of Rockie on YouTube. I know a few, with small dogs, flying them in their helicopters. I have two friends who are brothers. Both bring their dogs on vacation in their planes. Both of their dogs have gotten older having to put big dogs in manually.

There was a man at my airport who use to fly his golden retrievers in his planes. His twin was down so he had been flying them in a Tripacer. One almost jumped out. He kept it to one at a time after that.

Tom DM

Supporting Member
EBGB Grimbergen airfield (N of Brussels, Belgium)
A guy at the airport has a dog , who flies with him. I don't exactly know who flies who as I have not a cent confidence in the said human ;)
The dog however has its own headset/ ear protection.

Overall I am not a fan of animals (dogs, cats, wasps, snakes, etc) in the cockpit. Yet on the flip side: if the PIC is okay with it, it is most likely his airplane and thus his responsability.

Daleandee

My dog likes riding in the truck but in the plane she would just get too hot and with the canopy closed she would be mad that she can't put her face into the wind ...

ljpung

IMG_20220619_090138.jpg Marlow loves watching the clouds and whatever else catches his eye. Sometimes he wears his headset. When he doesn't I keep the prop dialed back to keep the noise down. I do the same with kids in the plane. Notice, that I'm flying the plane and somebody else is watching the dog. I think that adds some safety (btw, this is a homebuilt forum so I must state: I didn't build this plane! lol)

Flivverflyer

I really thought Archie would dig the idea of going flying with me in the back of my Sky Raider, as he goes just about everywhere else with me. But I think he finds it too confining and claustrophobic, even with the windows wide open. When he looks out, all he sees is a vast expanse of landscape. Much better to look out the car window and bark at the passing cows and horses, than to look way down there at specks on the ground.

Attachments

• IMG_4393.jpeg
    IMG_4393.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4861.jpeg
    IMG_4861.jpeg
    46.9 KB · Views: 7

bmcj

Supporting Member
I really thought Archie would dig the idea of going flying with me in the back of my Sky Raider, as he goes just about everywhere else with me. But I think he finds it too confining and claustrophobic, even with the windows wide open. When he looks out, all he sees is a vast expanse of landscape. Much better to look out the car window and bark at the passing cows and horses, than to look way down there at specks on the ground.
Sky Raider… you could be down there flying past the cows and horses. It’s the least you could do for Archie.