Who feels like a little light nuking of DC?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
Felton's video is interesting. The construction of these tests/exercises is always a tradeoff between getting training and doing a test, they are really incompatible goals.

Kudos to SAC and ADC for holding the exercises, and for apparently not cheating to produce a more palatable result. And thanks to the RAF for participating and contributing a lot to the game.
I am reliably informed that the War Reserve Mode of most ECM as well as the full capabilities of ECCM is quite closely held so that a real adversary will be faced with some new puzzles if the klaxon ever sounds. Thus, in open environment training exercises where the full capabilities can't be used, it's pretty hard to draw conclusions about how the real thing would have gone.

Rhino

Lifetime Supporter
Who is this woman? 'I don't know much about Britain's nuclear program, but what I do know is....' totally wrong. She don't know jack about Britain.

She did make one very smart comment. "Maybe I don't understand what's going on here." Ya think?

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
The delightful British actor Robert Morley once came to the US to make a movie, and the immigration desk officer asked him the purpose of his visit. Morley was annoyed that he had not been recognized as a famous actor, so (in his delightful Robert Morley voice) he replied "to overthrow the government of the United States".

The producers of the movie had to come bail him out of being interrogated by a bunch of fedora-wearing G-men, most likely with the film noir spotlight shining in his face.

So after seeing this thread, I'm just grinning madly imagining Mr. Morley flying around in a Vulcan, calmly explaining his presence to New York Approach Control. "To simulate dropping a nuclear bomb on the United States, of course"

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
" I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. Our sons ought to study mathematics and philosophy, geography, natural history and naval architecture, navigation, commerce and agriculture in order to give their children a right to study painting, poetry, music, architecture, statuary, tapestry and porcelain."
John Adams, letter to his wife, 12 May, 1780.

Reactions: BJC