Where to get Jodel Plans

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

alexl

Hi everyone,
I have searched this site and google trying to find a source for Jodel D18 plans in the US? Are these available?

Thanks a lot!
Alex

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
There is also the actual Jodel site but unfortunately the plans are very expensive at €550 plus another €200 for the optional tricyle gear and flaps. You might also look at the Falconar Avia derivatives for less expensive plans. If you want something comparable and French, then I recommend the Leger Pataplume 2, see https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/hangar-flying/12996-leger-ulm-pataplume-2-a.html (scroll down for current links). The Pataplume plans are $250 and it's probably a little easier to build than the Jodel though without the cranked wing.

13727.jpg

Kiwi303

For the Frank Rodgers Aussie modifications, after Frank died in 2012 another guy has kept them available.

Here's the email cut n paste from when I enquired.

As it happened I found a second hand unused set (set number 170 as it happens) of Franks D.11 plans and have whose here now.

I don't think Frank did any modifications to the D18 to make his own plan sets. But if you decide to get the D11 rather than D18, the details are below.

**********************************************************************************************************************
"CGRAHAM978@aol.com

Attachments12/4/15

to me
Hi Rhys,
Yes, Frank Rogers asked me to carry on the supply of plans. They are are printed on 90 g A0 paper. It takes me about a week to get them from the printer and mailed out.
Frank Rogers plans for the D11 cost 210 Euros and those for the Sky Prince D150 (modernised D.11) 270 Euros.
On top of that, there is the cost of postage, which depends upon your country (Wales?). Rolled up in a box is more expensive than folded, but rolled plans are better in the workshop.

For those that need them, Frank also wrote building instructions. These are about 30 pages printed on A4, paper with advice about choice of materials and workshop procedure. I can supply these for an additional 30 Euros.

The plans and building instructions are all in English, with guidance as to the choice of standard aeronautical materials.

I append a list of the drawings for the D.150 Sky Prince.

Regards,
Graham"

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
The Frank Rogers plans have a great reputation and as the Aussie authorities are about as nitpicking at the Brits, I suspect that the plans are very detailed and complete. Note that, according to this source, Roger redrew plans for several Jodel designs including the D.18/19. If you do reach out to Graham to find out exactly which Frank Rogers plans he offers, please do share that info here, no reason for us to bug him with multiple e-mails.

In Australia Frank Rogers redrew the plans of most of the homebuilt variants (D9/11/150, DR1050, and later the D18/19) to anglicise the building instructions and dimensions. Over the years much information has come in from Australia and New Zealand concerning the success of Frank's 'Sky' series – the Sky Queen, Sky King, and Sky Prince as they are named. Incidentally, in the Sky series provision was made for the Continental engines to be replaced by Lycoming power, coping rather better with the higher local ambient temperatures.
Source: Reflections

Kiwi303

I gather he does not stock plans, instead after ordering and paying he goes down to the print shop and has them add a set of plans from his .PDF master to their job queue. Could take a week to two weeks to get them printed.

And no, he won't release the .PDFs, only paper copies.