Where to find STOL aircraft plans for sale?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TFF

Breezys are Cub size. Where the wings come from usually. That nose on that one is horrible.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
I agree that the nose on that Breezy is ugly, but with a Kolb-style full enclosure it could make a very practical modest bushplane.

Breezys are Cub size. Where the wings come from usually. That nose on that one is horrible.

lr27

Matthew:
Vulnerability for bush operations would be much worse..

Last edited:
Have an unused set of CAD-Cam drawing plans for the Zenith CH 701,LS They are listed at $425 for plans only. My set is available for $200 with the factory serial number. Specs are available at their website, I also have 10 additional sets of different Home built aircraft plans: Bolger AS-39, Wittman Tailwind W8, W10, Afordaplane UL, Culver Cadet, STF, Bounsall Super Prospector, Evans VP-2, Tiger Cub UL, Cygnet SF-2F, Variviggen 2pl. retractable by Burt Rutan, 40- 175 Mph, Acey Ducey P-70. The are all for sale. I have built 3 other home built aircraft, most notable was the Dyke Delta wing in 197- 1978.
Regards, Don Rowley
Hello Don,
I am interested in the Bounsall Super Prospector plans if it includes the measurement and or a template for the ribs.
Kind regards,
Greg. Gordon.

simflyer

Last edited:

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kitplanes magazine puts out a complete homebuilt directory every year. It's available online for subscribers.

blane.c

HBA Supporter
Here is the deal. Do you want STOL for exhibition you know circus stunts, or do you want STOL for utility like carrying lumber, dogs, extra sump'in out o' the woods or what have you?Because that makes a big difference.

romeodz

Have an unused set of CAD-Cam drawing plans for the Zenith CH 701,LS They are listed at $425 for plans only. My set is available for $200 with the factory serial number. Specs are available at their website, I also have 10 additional sets of different Home built aircraft plans: Bolger AS-39, Wittman Tailwind W8, W10, Afordaplane UL, Culver Cadet, STF, Bounsall Super Prospector, Evans VP-2, Tiger Cub UL, Cygnet SF-2F, Variviggen 2pl. retractable by Burt Rutan, 40- 175 Mph, Acey Ducey P-70. The are all for sale. I have built 3 other home built aircraft, most notable was the Dyke Delta wing in 197- 1978.
Regards, Don Rowley

How did you like flying the Dyke Delta? The CH701 plans are tempting!

Erik Snyman

Hello Victor,
Thanks.....appreciated....but I live in the central west of NSW, Australia.....freight would kill the thought!!!!...I already own a VP1
Kind regards,
Greg. Gordon.
Hello Greg
Where abouts in the central west? I am in Parkes. I would love to come look at your VP some time. The first plane I built was a VP-2.
Erik in Oz.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Hey VB,

This is a call to post a photo of the Monster Kolb you were building last year. ;)

Last edited:

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
It's a Hasbro "Transformer" toy :)

Actually there's a long, lurid, insomnia-curing story about squashing airplanes in that hangar. It's a large T-hangar, and many years ago the hangar "owner" (renting from LA County) has a PA-22-20 in there. I had an RV-3 and needed hangar space, and rented space under his wing. Then I had a Taylorcraft, and needed to have it inside, and we managed to get the T-craft and his Pacer in there, and barely close the door. You had to crawl under a fuselage to go around and open the other side door!

His Pacer came apart and went back to his house for fabric work, and he found a bunch of typical corroded longerons, and it got worse the more he poked around. The airplane never went back together.

So I started taking over more and more of the hangar. After a series of other airplanes, I got the 1956 Cessna 172 in the background of the photo. But I'm a hopeless tinkerer and always want a small experimental to do strange kinds of flying. But as you can see in the photo, there ain't enough room for almost anything else in there.

So to answer your original question, my research found that the Kolb series of ultralights and LSA's fold down to the narrowest width of any (conventional config.) airplane, and I managed to find a Kolb Firestar to fool around with.

So the blue Kolb you see in that photo actually folds down to a package narrower than the distance between the tires. And it fit in that hangar, with my 172,a nd all my other collection of crap, and Wayne's Volkswagen, and even a couch so I can have all my airport bum friends hanging around and BS'ing.

(BTW, the Kolb is now gone, the changes I made and how it "felt" in the air didn't work for my specific mission. Wasn't going to mix in with the normal GA traffic at a municipal airport. So I sold it, and recently got a Ridge Runner 2, which is essentially a single seat Avid Flyer, which will also fold up and (hopefully) fit in the hangar with the 172. Tinkering with that airplane now, so I am not 100% sure how it is going to turn out. But it should meet my mission when it is back together.)