Quantcast

Where to find STOL aircraft plans for sale?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Daniel Hinds

I would like to build a STOL aircraft from scratch. I need to buy plans but cannot find any. Please help!

cheapracer

Log Member
Are you serious?

Open Google and type "STOL aircraft plans" into the search bar.

Then click on the "Google Search" button.

TFF

Competition STOL or more bush plane? The Zenith planes can be built by plans. The Pegazair I think is plans built. More refined is the Bearhawk planes. Cub clone can be built by plans and STOL stuff added. Lots but it is a niche where you have to know a bit to make it work.

Daniel Hinds

Competition STOL or more bush plane? The Zenith planes can be built by plans. The Pegazair I think is plans built. More refined is the Bearhawk planes. Cub clone can be built by plans and STOL stuff added. Lots but it is a niche where you have to know a bit to make it work.
Thank you very much!

Victor Bravo

http://www.zenithair.com/stolch701/7drawings.html

This is your best bet for a quickly built, proven safe, very capable STOL aircraft that can be built from plans.

It also has a LARGE group of builders who share informaiton, tips, how to avoid common errors, and mentorship. That alone makes this aircraft a serious contender for your purpose.

The primary consideration is what types of materials are you most comfortable working with? If you are a welder, or a cabinetmaker, or an HVAC sheet metal worker... then that will play a large part in what is a good choice cor you.

If you are a brand new pilot, or if you want to build something that you can take your training in after you built it... then that pushes your decision toward certain aircraft. If you have X amount of flying experience but have not built any large scale projects, then there are choices which may be suitable for you that might not otherwise be.

Can you keep the aircraft in a hangar when it's done, or is it coing to be sitting outside in Florida?

Do you need to have two, three, or four seats... or is it just going to be you most of the time?

What is your budget for this? Are you limited to $500 a month or you can't even start... or do you have a $25,000 total completion budget... or are you a hedge fund guy who can spend whatever he wants?

If you provide sosme answers to these questions, this HBA group will be able to giveyou good quality, experienced advice that you can move forward with confidencee.

Don 85

I would like to build a STOL aircraft from scratch. I need to buy plans but cannot find any. Please help!
Have an unused set of CAD-Cam drawing plans for the Zenith CH 701,LS They are listed at $425 for plans only. My set is available for $200 with the factory serial number. Specs are available at their website, I also have 10 additional sets of different Home built aircraft plans: Bolger AS-39, Wittman Tailwind W8, W10, Afordaplane UL, Culver Cadet, STF, Bounsall Super Prospector, Evans VP-2, Tiger Cub UL, Cygnet SF-2F, Variviggen 2pl. retractable by Burt Rutan, 40- 175 Mph, Acey Ducey P-70. The are all for sale. I have built 3 other home built aircraft, most notable was the Dyke Delta wing in 197- 1978.
Regards, Don Rowley

lr27

If you just want to fly from a short airstrip and have fun, an ultralight could do that for a low budget.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Define what you mean by STOL: how many seats, how much weight, how short a runway, how far, how fast, how much money are you willing to spend? Then we can suggest plans-built designs to suit those needs.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
NOTICE

Several members have posted links to websites selling unauthorized copies of copyrighted plans. Please post only legitimate websites; linking to pirate sites not only deprives the rightful design owner of deserved income, it also exposes HBA to legal action, however unlikely.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Here’s an idea...how about a Breezy RLU-1 with an enclosed cockpit pod for pilot and passengers? You might also need some additional fin area but that’s not hard. Visibility for bush operations would be far better than most such planes. This guy is on the right track....

57A7704C-D7CD-431A-B72F-D5A6494CB573.jpeg

lr27

Don 85:
The AS-39 sure does have a lot of room for the passengers. What's the rate of climb? With what engine?
-----------
Dana:
Did you delete the bogus links?

Another reason to avoid unauthorized plans is that they might be missing important revisions. Could be dangerous.