Where there's a will, there's a way

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pictsidhe

The plan with my Hurricane is to have the wings fold so that it can happily ride in the bed of my S10. Though it will stick out the back a tiny bit. But only about 13'.

N804RV

HBA Supporter
Hah! **** Penske trucks! "Clean Diesel", ...3 "regens" and an hour on the phone in the middle of Kansas. Never, EVER, again!!!!...

Last edited:

FritzW

Log Member
OK what's the bird?
Dragonfly's (two of them, one with minor damage and one that was about 90% done). A friend of mine picked them up in Albuquerque. I got a nice Mosler engine out of the deal. There was another truck with a trailer hauling the fuselages. A gimungus PITA to do in New Mexico Spring winds.

...the things we do just because airplane stuff is involved:rolleyes:

20180324_154741_resized.jpg

gtae07

When we brought Dad's RV-6 to the airport, it was a fuselage with engine mount (no wings, tail, engine). We set the tailwheel in the bed of his truck and tied it down to every anchor point, then he pulled it on the mains like a trailer. We left the house right at sunrise and drove about 15mph for the 4 miles to the airport; I followed him with the hazards going.

When I move mine I'll probably have a lot further to go. Maybe a U-Haul or something so it's enclosed.