Where there's a will, there's a way

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

TFF

Not that crazy. Seen a couple planes leaving the airport like that. Just not in a bank. The real question is who here just got a plane because it’s exactly how this crew would transport a plane. Speak up. Hopefully they did now saw the wing to make it fit.

plncraze

HBA Supporter
When you gotta move the plane and that's the only truck you can borrow...

BBerson

HBA Supporter
I had my Grob sticking out the back of a big UHaul truck. Stopped at the Gallup, New Mexico UHaul dealer to get a leaky radiator hose fixed. He said Uhaul doesn't allow stuff sticking beyond the door. He wouldn't change the hose either, he said wait till it gets worse. So I headed out.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
2 SGUs at a time:
IM000044.JPG
and 1 Duster
IMG_0023.jpg No pics of the 14-13 with 2 sets of wings going over Donner pass - in the winter - in the same under powered Dodge - on a weekend with lots traffic in a hurry to get to Reno.

That old beat up Dodge hauled a few other planes as well........and the Diesel I bought to replace it when it lost a wheel.

Pops

Log Member
This is the 1959 Cessna 172 bring it home. After the complete restoration and flying it for a couple of years it was sold to a museum.
Had the trailer built to haul airplanes on with a hyd tilt bed and an electric winch and also had a wing rack over the top of the truck from front to rear bumper. This truck and trailer has hauled many airplanes. I still own the truck.

Attachments

Bill-Higdon

I had my Grob sticking out the back of a big UHaul truck. Stopped at the Gallup, New Mexico UHaul dealer to get a leaky radiator hose fixed. He said Uhaul doesn't allow stuff sticking beyond the door. He wouldn't change the hose either, he said wait till it gets worse. So I headed out.
:mad: