• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Where have the parts gone ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

I left ultralights for quite a while but I'm currently building an aircraft that will be using a Rotax 670 and I will be moving back towards the light experimental area of flying.
Back in the day.....PARTS WERE EVERYWHERE and were easy to come by......friends,airport,discussion groups,barnstormers,ebay,etc.
For the last several months I've been looking for parts and have found that they are almost nonexistent now days.
I realize that things changed drastically when Sport Pilot/LSA came around and many planes got sold,parked or parted out.
SO WHERE ARE ALL THE PARTS ??????????
Is there a discussion group on Yahoo,Facebook,etc,where everyone is wheeling and dealing parts?
For the past several months I've been looking all over for a Rotax c/e gearbox and have had zero luck.........
Where is everyone at now ????

Kevin

Back