where do you post an ad here

Discussion in 'HBA Announcements & Support' started by xplanes, Jan 28, 2010.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jan 28, 2010 #1

xplanes

xplanes

xplanes

Why is it so difficult to find where to post an ad here? Why can't you just put a link here that says "Post Your Ad Here". It's kinda rediculous that you can't call it what it is. Anyway, I can't find it.

2. Jan 28, 2010 #2

Dana

Dana

Dana

Super Moderator Staff Member

How 'bout in the "For Sale" section?

-Dana

HAL 9000: Dave. Put down those Windows disks, Dave. DAVE!

3. Jan 28, 2010 #3

Waiter

Waiter

Waiter

If your reading this, then goto the upper left corner of this page and click on "Home".

Now scroll down to the "For Sale / Wanted" header.

You'll find several sub forums like "For Sale", "Free", etc, etc,

Waiter

4. Jan 28, 2010 #4

bmcj

bmcj

bmcj

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

If you are an individual with a single unit to sell, use the FOR SALE section that Dana and Waiter pointed out. If you are a manufacturer or dealer advertising a product or service, post it here:

Supplier / Manufacturer Announcements

Don't worry about it being seen. Just about everyone here uses the NEW POSTS button and anything, anywhere that has been posted since their last visit will pop up to the top of their list for viewing (and they do get read by most of us).

Bruce :)

5. Jan 29, 2010 #5

xplanes

xplanes

xplanes

I found the items for sale but there is no link to post an ad there.

6. Jan 29, 2010 #6

xplanes

xplanes

xplanes

I know where the for sale section is, where is the link to post an ad?

7. Jan 29, 2010 #7

Waiter

Waiter

Waiter

I'm confused; (not hard to do)

What is the difference between an ad and something for sale?

Could you post your ad in the "For Sale" section?

Waiter

8. Jan 29, 2010 #8

orion

orion

orion

He might be referring to something like a banner ad or something like the small advertisements you see plastered around some other boards, which we of course do not do here. If it's a small banner or picture there are ways to attach those within the thread post but outside of that, there are no mechanisms for more conventional advertising.

9. Jan 29, 2010 #9

skeeter_ca

skeeter_ca

skeeter_ca

Thanks to Jman, This is a banner free, no advertisment site. And we like it that way.

That brings up an issue i have not heard about. Does Jake take donations or anything to help his site cost?

skeeter

10. Jan 29, 2010 #10

bmcj

bmcj

bmcj

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

We've suggested it, but I think Jake declined the offer, urging us to contribute information to the forum instead of money. With that criteria, I'm certain Orion has more than paid his dues; I, myself, may not have a sufficient knowledge base to ever contribute even a fraction of what I get from this forum.

I, too, would be willing to contribute money toward the forum to keep it going and improving.

11. Jan 30, 2010 #11

Jman

Jman

Jman

Site Developer

Hey guys, thanks for the offers, it means a lot. Right now just being here and helping to answer people’s questions is all the help I can ask for from you. I'm flying my rear end off over here and can barely manage to get on the site once every couple of days. Knowing that a large group of regulars give their time every day to make sure things go smoothly on HBA takes a huge load off my shoulders. Maybe someday donations might be appropriate, but only once I've got the time to take that money and improve the site. If I foot the bill, at least then I don't feel so bad when I let some of the improvement projects slide... :gig:

Here are a couple of pictures from the other day. It looks so peaceful and sublime. I should have known better because about 2 hours later we lost all hydraulics and had to do a run-on landing in no joke 3/4 miles vis due to smoke and haze. The locals here use fires to cook and it can build up a wicked "fog" bank around our airfield for a couple of hours in the morning. Just happened to catch the peak fire time. To add to the fun, because of the nature of this particular hydraulics failure, I had to use two hands on the cyclic while my co-pilot had to use two hands to operate the collective. Not fun! The funny thing was that once we got the airfield in sight (thank God we were lined up) apparently folks had gotten word because there were people lining both sides of the runway for the show. If they knew how hard we were working just to keep it upright, they would have run for their lives...:gig:

Attached Files: