Quantcast

Where can I buy Asso X kit?.

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Marcos

Hi again, here some more progress…..

Attachments

Marcos

Wish that everybody Will be fine..... Here in Spain the covid attacks again and grow a lot but we´re still safe in some way here in the North.
Right now I´m starting to cover the top side of the fuselaje and after Will start with longerons.
I have some doubt here as the longerons web call for plywood birch of 3mm at 45 degrees or two layers of 1,5mm joining toghether…… 3mm plywood is formed by 5 layers of Wood and both faces on the same grain direction but joining two pieces of 1.5mm doesn´t match.... 1,5mm plywood are formed by 3 layers so the outter faces Will be at 90 degress from each other.
1600985140331.png

Marko

HBA Supporter
Nice Work Marcos! Keep on Going!
The spar is getting thinner. I use 3 mm and 1.8 mm aeronautical Birch Plywood. One central piece of 3 mm where I add the outer pieces of equal size is doing the best job for me.
Just take a look at the picture.

Attachments

Marcos

Hello all, Sorry but I´ve been very bussy and forget to update the thread….
On these time I have finished the main structure of the fuselaje.

Attachments

Marcos

Some other pics….. I´ll try to upload all detailed photos I can in case that helps other builders in the future…. As Marko said it´s not easy to build this plane and there is a lot of lack of information and details on the plans.

Attachments

Marcos

I´m also get almost all the Steel ST-37 tubes and start building and welding some parts. Pedals, engine jig supports to fuselaje and main landing legs tubes….
Here the stabilizer and rudder hinges and horn.
The other pic shows the main landing support tubes prior to turning on the lathe…. these pipes will work as a hinge for retractable landing gear legs.

Attachments

Marcos

In the meantime I bought a second hand Rotax 912 with only 2,5 years but 2.000 hrs behind….
The engine come´s from a TECNAM P2002 certified airplane that belongs to a training school here in Spain, so when the engine reach the TBO they´re strip it down and install a new one.
This is how it´s the heads and valves with 2.000 hrs mainly on AVGAS. Rotax engines don´t like to much AVGAS and the maintenance intervals are shortened by 50 hours.

Attachments

Marcos

So I start to overhault the engine. Most of the parts are well under specs (pistons, cylinders, valves, CAMSHAFT, crankshaft do not have any wear……) so will be checked, measured and installed again. The gearbox was sent to a Rotax mechanic as I need special tools for dismantle it. Still there but the mechanic confirm that all parts are under tolerances too. It´s incredible the durable of this engines as this run on worst conditions:
- Heavy plane for just 100 cv
- With two persons at all the time.
- Lot of take offs and landings (school plane…)
- And running AVGAS
- Suppose 5.500 rpm or more all the time.....
I know a guy with more than 4.000 hours on an 80cv Rotax and it´s still in Good condition….

Attachments

Marcos

And fron 01 JANUARY sadly have to left the Project for a while….. I´ve started to build an VAN´s RV-4....
It´s not for me, it´s for a friend that get an uncompleted kit a good price and wants me to build them….
But this is another history, I´ll try to update this post in the future when be back with my ASSO X.
Thanks to all of you for your help, time and comments. Kind regards, Marcos

Attachments