Wheels

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Rockiedog2

HBA Supporter
Pops can fix it.
I got stuff stashed all over 3 hangars/sheds. Amazing how often I dig thru it looking for something and even more so how often I find it
Went thru a cleanout phase decades ago. Never again. Look back and realize it was temporary insaniy.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
That's it, "Temporary Insanity". That's what I'm going to say in my defense to my wife for saving all of the airplane "Stuff".

Everyone thinks the lattice strips are a lot of work, it really go's fast. I sawed out a big pile of the lattice strips today.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
Any thoughts on the concept of making carbon and foam lattice strips for a new design UL. I know the wood is great and hard to beat it with a sitck, but....

My process would be fast and easy to lay up and cut the strips and foam could be cut away for the overlap.

No need to worry about wood grain, grading, sorting, etc. Thinking of a kit for non woodworkers that would include pre-cut strips..

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
About 30 miles south of me there is a hi-end wood molding mill. They have an outlet store were they will let you come in an go over their stock for aircraft grade wood. Beside molding they make planks up to 10" wide and 16 ' long. White pine, yellow poplar, walnut, oak, cherry, etc. All of the molding in my house that I built in 1998 came from there. Prices are very good. Logging, natural gas, and oil is the main business in this area of the state.
Charm, Oh has a lumber, co that has aircraft grade wood. (Amish country) . Friend of mine went there a few months ago and bought the wood to built his Super Koala. Tell them that you want their best grade wood and they will let you pick out what you want.

blane.c

HBA Supporter

Latest posts