• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What's your 'end of 2021' tool of choice to draw wirebook diagrams?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jandetlefsen

Been reading Aero Electric Connection and wonder what tools everyone is using to create the wirebook diagrams. I'm not opposed to pen and paper but having the ability to copy and paste, quickly rename things, grab groups of parts and move them around, while keeping wires connected, etc are some advantage to use a software for it.

I'm currently using a Mac software called "ElectricDesignPro" and i'm quite happy with it, but i think it could be better. I've tried Eagle CAD as part of Fusion 360 but found the library of symbols limited because it's only meant to be used in a PCB design context. Some of the more universal diagram and visualization solutions Lucidcharts etc are also neat but they lack the depth in the symbol library. But i'm still curious what else is out there, PC or Mac, with slight bias towards Mac.

I would not mind to start to create the missing symbols to make some of the applications more useful for the task, maybe even in a group effort but it would need to be a cross platform open source software, else it would not feel right. Anyone got any ideas?

Back