• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What's the closest to this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivilee

Supporting Member
Pusher, ala Kolb, Challenger, S12/S14, etc. 2-place tandem that could be designed out as a (true) 4 place (or already is a 4 place) with cruise at top end of LSA or maybe up to 175 mph. ICON of course (not amphibious) but something built from scratch or normal price of most kits. 200 h.p tops. Anything low or mid wing? No canard.

I've got an Aerocanard kit but just wondering if there's anything that's conventional that's not quite as high performance.

Driving factor in my mind is no prop in front and something with awesome visibility with pilot and front passenger in front of the wing and the back seat passengers also having great visibility maybe over the top of the heads of the front pilot/passenger. Fast enough for cross country but good slow(er) flight.

Anything composite or wood? I'm no designer but I haven't seen anything that really fits. Disadvantages of a pusher is thrust line and inefficiency of prop being behind the wing?

Rick

Back