Whatever became of ......

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

I never had any interest in the Prescott Pusher. You could just look at it and see that it was an aerodynamic disaster. If I wanted something similar to the PP, I would have opted for the Cirrus VK-30 instead.
I can arrange for you to fly in the VK-30 here in SoCal, one of our EAA chapter guys built it. Incredible achievement!

gtae07

It's pretty, but for something that size I think I'd rather take the engine and put it in a four-seat airplane (metal or composite) inspired by the Spartan Executive. Travel fast and in style ;)

johnnyd

Team-38.....was going to "kit" a P-38 "Lightning". Was based out of Indiantown, Florida. Haven't heard anything in years.

TFF

I have a feeling that Team38 whole existence was to be able to take a hobby plane off taxes. They learned from building cars that the market is small and probably not profitable, but you still want the toy. Build and go bankrupt.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
I have a feeling that Team38 whole existence was to be able to take a hobby plane off taxes. They learned from building cars that the market is small and probably not profitable, but you still want the toy. Build and go bankrupt.
I am not against folks trying to save money on their toys, and I have absolutely no knowledge of Team-38, but there is a special place in hell reserved for those who play on the dreams of others with no intention of following through.

Victor Bravo

I'm not sure that this question is entirely on topic, because "whatever became of" in this case probably means it is hanging in a museum.

BUT.... whatever happened to Ray Stits' "Skeeter" ultralight? BMCJ, were you around there during that time? I've never seen a "Real" airplane with roller skate wheels before :)

Another potential "what ever happened to?" is the PUL-10, which was intended to be a production light aircraft using the Horten wing design. The aircraft flew, and apparently flew well.

rbrochey

Whatever became of Freight Train Horns on Low Flying Aircraft?

I just don't hear much about them anymore...
That's an excellent question... I've wondered that myself. Back in the days when technology made sense. I would like a horn such as that since my flying will be roughly 100 feet ATL (Above Trees Level)

The Righteous Brothers. Now THAT is music! ;)

Last edited:

choppergirl

Banned
Choppergirl's Flying Circus ★★☠★★ AIR-WAR.ORG
That's an excellent question... I've wondered that myself. Back in the days when technology made sense. I would like a horn such as that since my flying will be roughly 100 feet ATL (Above Trees Level)

The Righteous Brothers. Now THAT is music! ;)

You probably want to borrow my bullhorn, it has an mp3 player built in... about the worst mp3 player I have ever encountered (no screen, only play/stop/forward/back buttons), but it will play your MP3's off a USB stick.

It doesn't make your voice so much louder, as give it authority. It's strange to watch people comply when a random anarchist such as myself suddenly becomes the booming voice of authority. Can't wait to do it flying over head.

I'm going to have to have to have a pullcord way to restart my engine from my seat, if I want to kill it and glide, so I can be heard as the voice of freedom over those prison yards... put on psywar ops, make it loud...

[video=youtube;30QzJKCUekQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30QzJKCUekQ[/video]

You don't get notorious or go down in history, posting to HBA.

Now, if I could be as loud as an air raid siren....

An ice cream truck sound flying over head might be fun too ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
It's strange to watch people comply when a random anarchist... becomes the booming voice of authority.
If you became the booming voice of authority, wouldn't that negate your status as a freedom-loving anarchist? :ponder:

choppergirl

Banned
Choppergirl's Flying Circus ★★☠★★ AIR-WAR.ORG
Perhaps, unless I am telling them to "fly, be free!" :) Same thing I say to birds that thunk themselves into glass doors when I let them go, or butterflies that walk onto my fingers. I'm sure aviation advocate Hans Solo does the same thing, and he's a rebel against the empire.

I generally just put ideas and a different worldview into the air. But it's good for banging out Vietnam era protest music too, or, even the Righteous Brothers. If I played that one, I'd have to like take a knee and propose to my plane (?) Someone on here said I should get married... some kind of quaint antiquated contract ritual... I had to google that one.

Once my plane is flying though, you may never see me here again.

Then you can ask...

Whatever became of Choppergirl

She's on the TV now

No Fate
, But What We Make

Last edited by a moderator: