Quantcast

What Tube style?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Streffpilot

Ok, so I am beginning to look at the Christiava Mk IV. I was going to build a Dakota Hawk, but need 4 seats. So, i was looking at 4130 tube from AS. I noticed that they have seamless and standard 4130. What is the difference, and does it matter what I use? Obviously, being on a budget, I like the cheaper, but if its not safe I would go for the more expensive. Just looking at options here, and figured I would try to ask here and see what y'all think.

Streffpilot

And yes, Pops, I like the Bearhawk, but it is significantly more expensive to build......Im on a budget....and a short wife-leash...... :D

BoKu

Pundit
HBA Supporter
Nevermind, Apparently it is all seamless...
I was gonna say... I can't imagine any tubing house that would go to the trouble of using expensive 4130 to make ERW (Electrically Resistance Welded) seamed tubing instead of DOM (Drawn Over Mandrel) seamless.

But don't feel too bad; there are a lot of glitches in the ACS online catalog that will send you chasing your own tail for a while. I love it dearly, but it seems that more and more of it is managed by folks who don't really understand how or why its wares are used.

Thanks, Bob K.