What taildraggers with retracts exist?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

J Galt

Hello Everyone,
I'm looking to build some retractable gear time and tailwheel time concurrently. Besides a T-6 and a Yak-52TW, what aircraft would foot the bill, does anyone know? This would need to be apart from the Warbirds, something (well) under 1 mil $. It seems that you can't just search google and find a comprehensive list. Oh it would need to fit the "high performance" category as well. Thank you in advance.
Justin

Tiger Tim

Gardan Supercab if you can find one. I think retracts were optional on some Piel and Jurca designs as well.

TFF

Got beat to the Bellancas. You are not going to rent anything. One of the Pitts S1 with retractable gear was for sale not long ago. There was someone at my airport that had a retractable RV4. Except for the silly stuff, it’s going to be hard.

J Galt

I need something single engine and preferably aerobatic. I'm buying, considering T-6's and Yaks but thought there might be something else.
Thank you everyone.
Justin

TFF

I personally think the T-6 is the best bang for the buck. It’s out of my range but the three at my airport are flown a lot. One of them flies at least 3 times a week. Lots of community, lots of different boxes it checks. Reliable. There are two Yaks there too; 50 and 52. They don’t catch my fancy.

rv7charlie

A Swift with a Cont IO360 gets you acro, complex & high performance time, for less than a third of the operating costs of a T6, with little difference in performance. They're not quite as fast as they look, but they're wonderful-flying a/c.

I've got close to 200 hrs in a 200hp Swift, and I wish I had more. I've got about 0.4 hrs in a T6, and that's plenty for me.

Charlie

TFF

I didn’t think the grey one was at Spain. I didn’t know it was at Baker. He would come in and fly with the other two.