What parts are no longer available for the Longeze?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

sleeperrx7

Hello everyone. I believe I have found a good set of plans to start building from. This will be my first build of any aircraft. I am hoping to build the Longeze after looking at them this year at Oshkosh. I didn't really get to talk to any of the owners of the aircraft. Can anyone here tell me what parts are no longer available to buy new? I don't want to be halfway into the build or farther and not able to finish because xxxxxx no longer carries the parts. For example, the canopy, or the retractable nose gear assembly. I don't expect to find everything i need easily, but any info on what's difficult to come by would be great help! Who's building one now here? Thanks for the help!

Turd Ferguson

The nose gear retract mechanism uses a standard Boston gear & worm part #. You can buy them anywhere, or anywhere they carry that type stuff. The remainder of the mechanism is cut from aluminum plate and bolted together with AN hardware. I think I still have some complete nose retract mechanisms in storage in another state. Canopy shouldn't be an issue. I think the landing gear legs are still being made. It's really not a complicated airplane.

kent Ashton

Here is the cozygirrls site: CG Products Custom Aircraft Parts

I did not see the manual nose gear mechanism there but you can often buy them second hand from Cozy builders installing electric nose gear (which is not a good mod for a Long-ez, IMHO). Canopies come from Todds canopies. Struts from Featherlite. Everything is available. I am just about done with one.