What is your dream warbird?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

WBNH

I like the lines on the original EDO OSE-1 prototype.

Maybe a SPA Panther with modified rudder and cowl, and an inline engine like Aeromomentum could fake one, though the Panther's wing mounts a bit far forward.

edo-ose.jpg

That's my pick for a single-seater scale "warbird"...even if it was never widely accepted into service. But to the original subject, a Dream Warbird, the PBY Catalina gets my vote.

Last edited:

Pilot-34

Lol I think he meant that like the Catalina the HU – 16 WOULD BE your cabin on the lake.
And your cabin at the islands and your cabin in Antarctica and your fishing boat

Pilot-34

I’d like to have a PBY Catalina to see the world in .
I’d like to have an SR 71 blackbird to see the world in A DAY......

rodrocket1

tumblr_psnd17PMvq1th7tzzo2_1280.jpg
CAC Boomerang. Considering how few were made there are a number flying and several more being rebuilt.

Victor Bravo

HBA Supporter
I have to vote for the radio, because only it can directly cause 100 Marines to be motivated all at once, it can cause a fairly spectacular F-4 Napalm strike, it can cause five or ten SEAL's to become rather rude, it can cause one very highly accurate .50 caliber bullet to exit the barrel of a Barrett rifle nobody knew was there a moment ago, and it can "bring Hellfire down from the heavens" (courtesy of a Predator drone armed with Hellfire missiles), all within about a five minute span.

Yellowhammer

HBA Supporter
Born In Alabama, reside: Louisiana (unfortunately)
I have to vote for the radio, because only it can directly cause 100 Marines to be motivated all at once, it can cause a fairly spectacular F-4 Napalm strike, it can cause five or ten SEAL's to become rather rude, it can cause one very highly accurate .50 caliber bullet to exit the barrel of a Barrett rifle nobody knew was there a moment ago, and it can "bring Hellfire down from the heavens" (courtesy of a Predator drone armed with Hellfire missiles), all within about a five minute span.

Rah!

Starflight

Saskatchewan..."GO RIDERS"(pride)where's my banjo?
Victor Bravo; as usual I'm standing on the table like Hawkeye singing " you're the tops; the tower of pizza"...lol
Pilot-34: I like "the cut of your jib". The versatility of our darling 'flying elephant' is beyond reproach...that is, except for those Cyclones leaving soot trails behind them on take-off that would make a Hercules jealous. (groan)

Pilot-34

I’ve always had to wonder who is the maniac who looked at a warehouse full of machine guns and a Hercules and thought “ those two should go together nicely“
Somewhere in the museum of stars of agriculture there should be one of those because nothing in the world can plow a field in quite the same way!