What is your dream warbird?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
If money were no object and you would have all the training and maintenance support you would need to fly safely, what warbird would you want to own and fly? I know it's a tough decision, but if I had to pick just one I think I could "make do" with a Hawker Hurricane, maybe an early Hurricane I for a Battle of Britain feel or maybe 4 x 20mm IIC or a 2 x 40mm IID with tropical filter for that hunting-the-Afrika-Korps vibe. How about you? No cheating, you get just one choice!

JamesG

Were money no object? An S-3 Viking. In authentically gaudy '70s USN paint scheme on the outside but gutted of all the electronics and internal hard points and done up as a private jet.

I'm "practical" like that.

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
I will start with a B-25 and go until I run out of room on the ramp.

Added---- Yes a ramp, NOT a tarmac. Tarmac is incorrectly used to describe an airport apron or RAMP. The first time I heard tarmac used to describe the airport ramp or apron, it was about 30 years ago by a dumb *** reporter trying to sound like she knew what she was talking about. Tarmac is a word to describe what material the Ramp may be or not made from.

Dan

Last edited:

Latest posts