What is your biggest gripe about your hangar?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Cardmarc

I can believe that! I live at an airpark, and the assn develops its own land for lots. I have been involved in that process and it is NOT easy (or quick) anywhere. And we are in TX.

rv7charlie

That kind of clause typically just means that the terms (& price) of the lease can be renegotiated at the end, but you'd have to read the individual document. Reversion means you lose it.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
See NW Custom Aircraft Hangars – Superior Hangars for Light Aircrafts

Location KAWO Arlington WA 50 miles north of Seattle. Active ultralight to light jet operations on sod and 5,000 foot concrete former AAF Triangular airport in Class G airspace outside the SEA mode C vail. Lots of close in interesting destinations.

Biggest complaint? Bought an paid for in full in 2019 and it is still not complete and never will be the hanger as sold.

Unit 404 A-5 with 25 foot wide tail section is available. Make me an offer - please.

Site rules prevent me from posting the full text of the complaints but this will be a great hangar for the right person once Duane is out of the picture.

Last edited:

dee_bee_que

Bob: Local ordinances that won't allow me to carpet the floor outboard the main wheels, install a shower, kitchenette and furnace. My dinette and bed will fit under the high wing without a problem, although I may have to duck a bit...

Doug: I don't think your wife is going to move into the hangar with you and your airplane.

Bob: This thread is about gripes...

BJC

HBA Supporter
Location KAWO Arlington WA 50 miles north of Seattle. Active ultralight to light jet operations on sod and 5,000 foot concrete former AAF Triangular airport in Class G airspace outside the SEA mode C vail. Lots of close in interesting destinations.
KAWO is a nice airport, in a nice area, with a nice (but now small) annual fly in. Has a cafe with a good view of the runway. Best pizza restaurant in the country near by.

BJC

Daleandee

If I had any complaint about the new hangar it would be that my friend got his plane in there before I did ...

1635785189148.jpg

There are a few changes that will need to be done. There needs to be more power outlets along the wall and the side entrance will likely be moved to give better access to bring planes in & out. Also need to set up a pilot's lounge area. As of now the essential coffee pot, tool chest, and trash cans are in place ...

Last edited: