• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What is wrong with high thrust line???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene

Supporting Member
I am getting all kinds of recommendations from knowledgeable people. And I'm hearing statements that my problem is engine above the wing, or engine has too much power, or occupants sitting in front of the wing and so on.

I would like to understand why thrust line above the wing is such a big problem for everybody? Is it true that every problem has a solution? All you need is correct Tail to balance this problem!

On Cessna 172 thrust line below the wing and nobody seems to concern.

Found old message from Peter Garrison saying that nothing really wrong with arrangement. So what, that engine is 12 inches above the wing? And yes pilot and passenger sitting 8 inches in from the wing. It should still be very possible and very manageable. An ideal airplane everything will be positioned on the CG and trust line go through drag and CG. But how many airplanes arranged like that?

Screen Shot 2021-11-18 at 21.32.34.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-18 at 21.23.30.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back