What is the ultimate bush plane?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

skier

I am surprised it took so long for the Storch to make the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

DarylP

I am surprised that the Wilga was not used as a bush plane that much, if at all. It seems like it would be a good contender.

PTAirco

I am surprised that the Wilga was not used as a bush plane that much, if at all. It seems like it would be a good contender.
I think most Wilgas in this country are on an Experimental certificate; every example I have seen was. Probably a reason why they aren't used much commercially in places like Alaska. Since they were also designed in a cold climate, I would have thought they'd be ideal.

Personally it's a contender for my No1 Go-Slow-Airplane. Love the agricultural styling, enormous landing gear, radial engine, big doors - what more could a bushpilot want?

Natty Bumpo

Antonov An-2. You've never burned so much gas to do 105, but there's almost no practical limit to what you cam cram into the thing. Big dumb animal. I was once well aquainted with one that we referred to as "Boxer" for those of you who've read some Orwell.

DarylP

darylp-albums-pics-picture8981-bushman-750-a4-print.jpg
This plane seems like it would be a contender, the Bushman by Just Aircraft. Enough room for a lot of stuff.

9aplus

Nice piece.....

One question: What is final configuration of command surfaces?

Junkers or standard one?

craig saxon

Antonov An-2. You've never burned so much gas to do 105, but there's almost no practical limit to what you cam cram into the thing. Big dumb animal. I was once well aquainted with one that we referred to as "Boxer" for those of you who've read some Orwell.
But did you end up sending it away to the knackery, poor old Boxer.

DarylP

Daryl, what is the connection between the Bushman and Just Aircraft? I didn't see anything on their web site. I came across this plane last year and was very interested - like a kit-based Wilga! -Dan
My bad....wrong company name. I meant to say AAK.

208Caravan

Mine would have to be the Cessna 185 Skywagon. I've got a TIO-580 pumping out 380 + HP. Can takeoff in 90 feet and stall and 30 knots since I've got the Horton and Vg's.

Ranfred Radius

I have yet to advance to building a real kit plane, but I do have an RC 10ft span Pilatus Porter model. I really dig this plane! The model flies just like it's full scale counterpart!;)

Randy

Attachments

Last edited:
Group Builder