• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What Is A Good Beginner Paint Sprayer System/ Setup and a Good Paint For Aluminum???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

I have some small bare aluminum parts for an experimental airplane and a bunch of larger parts for an RV that I want to paint.

I have been hesitant to go with a paint gun system in the past because I have never done that kind of painting before. Always used rattle can paint and was less than satisfied with the results. Some of the rattle can paint I have sprayed on car parts has been easy to scratch...could almost scratch it off with my fingernail.

I have the huge air-compressor and other pneumatic tools so I have the basics down however I can say that I have been intimidated by the decision of what paint gun to buy and of course the mixing and clean up. Thinking about it these parts would be a good place to start with an air sprayer paint system

Can you all please give me some advice? and suggest a paint gun system to buy).

THANKS All!!!

Back