• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What High Temp Hose To Use With Tial Wastegate?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomeBuilt101

Ross, Lelievre, and others who are really sharp on turbochargers in experimental airplanes,

I installed the Tial V60 Wastegate and I am happy with the choice.

What I am not happy about is that I keep melting/ burning the hose that is used to open the pneumatic wastegate.

When running LOP at altitude the exhaust system gets really...REALLY hot...no idea how hot the wastegate diaphragm housing fittings get however it has got to be way hotter than the "350F" that the red silicone vacuum hose rating.

What vacuum hose are you all running in your application?

THANKS!!!

Back