What High Temp Hose To Use With Tial Wastegate?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

HomeBuilt101

Ross, Lelievre, and others who are really sharp on turbochargers in experimental airplanes,

I installed the Tial V60 Wastegate and I am happy with the choice.

What I am not happy about is that I keep melting/ burning the hose that is used to open the pneumatic wastegate.

When running LOP at altitude the exhaust system gets really...REALLY hot...no idea how hot the wastegate diaphragm housing fittings get however it has got to be way hotter than the "350F" that the red silicone vacuum hose rating.

What vacuum hose are you all running in your application?

THANKS!!!

rv6ejguy

If you're already using good quality silicone hose and it's not lasting, you can firesleeve it or if you want something lighter, you can use some reflective plug wire sleeve. I think Mr. Gasket used to make that.

Last edited:

dwalker

When I have my control hoses melting I tend to switch to AN fittings with B-Nuts and aluminum tubing for a short run to a cooler area and then use the silicone hose. I have also used firesleeve and the DEI hose shield with varying degrees of success.

HomeBuilt101

Sorry for the delay in response... Good ideas. I think I will go with the AN fitting and B nut to a short length of aluminum hose then to the flex hose