what happen to http://krsuper2.com/ guys?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TLAR

I don’t know. I had been a fan since it’s inception.
Controversy about the core material choice ( lastafoam) maybe.
That is how I learned about composites, Scott was a good communicator. There are some slick tricks in the manual.

Markproa

All very strange. Scott Watts put an enormous amount of time and effort into this design then suddenly disappeared. The website is still active and a couple of planes were well advanced. I was pretty keen on building this or the Vision but went with a Gazaile 2. So glad I did, it's nearly ready to fly.

TLAR

I got pretty far along on the Super 2, so yes it was a bummer
The Gazelle is a solid choice and I hope you have many good hours of safe flying

Lendo

Markproa, The KR Super 2 might have ended up pretty close to the Vision specs I suspect. Longer fuselage wider HT and bigger VT. I did an extensive evaluation of the Vision and the specs were all sound, however at the time there was no Carbon Spar, to reduce weight to Light Sport and being built all in Carbon would have been even better. I tried hard to get Steve Rahm to design the Carbon Spar but he was reluctant until me followed Jim Marske's Manual and thoroughly tested the product with his new partner Scott. The original KR2 was a cut down version of something else, to my mind dangerous.
I don't know anything about the Gazaile 2. I will have a look.
George (Brissie)

Lendo

Markproa, Yep had a good look at the Gazaile 2, looks good, construction reminds me of other types. How much is wood? What engine are you using?
George

sming

Yes, directly from the designer mouth, it's heavily inspired by the french wood aircrafts (robin...) because that's what you can look at here ;) but with a lot of inspired tweaks by Mr Pennec. It's mostly douglas fir covered with okoume plywood, protected with 80gr fiberglass epoxy. Spar is carbon pultrusion and ribs are airex (like the luciole, sd-1 or MC-100).
I believe Markproa's airplane is powered by a PSA DV6C

Lendo

sming, the Pulsar had similar foam Ribs, I think they must have been Last-A -Foam as the Glass Skin pulled away easily, when a wing lightly connected with the ground. A friend purchased it damaged to fix it up.
George

sming

We could tell you but then we would have to kill you ;) so the manufacturer doesn't find out we're using their belt when they expressly said no for aircraft (that's a good hint ;))
Joke aside, i'll look up the ref later and you can pm me

Edit: and congrats for the paint Mark, she is beautiful!