• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

What do you think - dual or single EFIS/EMS screen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Battson

I am still a few months from making the purchase, but I wanted to get a few second opinions and alternative points of view:

We are looking at using Dynon avionics, either a pair of screens EFIS D100 and EMS D120 + remote GPS; or a single Skyview 10" system. Our budget will not spring for some of each.

I like the cheaper remote GPS option, because you get all the same basic flight data in a technology path with isn't locked into your panel. Also the EFIS will interface with most any GPS. Also you get dedicated screens, big instruments for easy, quick, and steady situational awareness with few distractions, which I like.

The Skyview is a cleaner installation on the panel front and lighter weigh, for comparable cost. You do get an awful lot of information packed into one screen, and I am not sure about the size of the engine instruments, and the clutter / information overload...
And what if, in 5 years or whatever, when Dynon releases the "SkyviewII" or "Skyscape" etc. you eventually get forced to trade in and up. Airspace maps change and need updates, your engine instruments and AH etc. not so much.

Thoughts / comments / questions welcome :)

Back