Quantcast

What do you think about "e-soaring"?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

John.Roo

Looking at second hand market in Germany give you an idea of real prices today. Even more expensive !

45 200 EUR - Aeriane Swift (electric self launch)
=> 47 000€ for 15 years structure but electrical system new.

65 000 EUR - Silent Electro (price info from 2013)
=> They are not for sale anymore, but until 1 month ago there was 2 Silent Electro for 100 000 € on segelflug.de

I have not yet seen any GP glider for sale...

79 000 EUR - MiniLak (with FES self launch)
=> 128 000 € (32 000€ 1/4 property) for brand new to be delivered
=> 110 000€ for lak 17bFES. With 13,5 wing extention, it is the same as mini-lak

Not adapted for cruise with electric motor, but still interesting reference point :
Taurus G2 Electro :
This one is brand new at 132 000€

Also Antares 20E :
170 000 € after 15 years of use!
Wow.... thanks for upgrade!
Really "scary" prices.....

John.Roo

-in my opinion=the best of the bests ! (for not rich pilots...)

f.e. L/D=30 / 15 kEUR +some homebuild work.
Don´t forget that 15K EUR is for KIT (and depends what stage of KIT is in this price). Plus... to have a self launch you need to add price for propulsion system. However I agree that is good price for composite plane with L/D 1:30 and low EW :)

John.Roo

+very low Cd fuselage (Goldschmid aerodynamic) + low Cd wing (BKB1-A type, NACA8-H-12) with AoA control ("FREEWING"=super big Cl at AoA> 30 deg.) =super energyeconomic flying device...
Well... I am a bit conservative :)
Nothing against your design.
"V" tail has lower drag than classic "T" tail.
Just... when I was flying with RC models I noticed difficulties to recover spin with "V" tail models. What I want to say is that when you will start test flying pls. focuse on non standard situations like stalls, stalls during turns, spin recovery and flutter resistance. This is even more important when you use unusual aerodynamic solutions (free wing).
When I fly with new airplane I am glad to feel performance, but I am more glad if flight characteristics are friendly. In other words - I try to imagine situation when airplane is flown by non experienced pilot making mistakes.
Best regards!
Martin

henryk

thanks !

+ASTER XII...

BTW=when I was HG flying, at circa 300 m high,my right wingtip was destroyed
(1/8 of span) and I was continued fly =aut of triangle,ansymmetrical,
soft landing !

PS=BKB1-A Kaspers TAILLES wing is STATIC stabile=

ac1596297111965967.jpg

Attachments

henryk

Реставрация планера Антонова А-11/13

(Antonovs A-11/13 reconstruction/restauration... =first flys)

John.Roo

Nice project based on LAK 16
Will be interesting to see energy consumption.

LAK 16 data:
L/D is 12:1
Min. sink 1,2 m/s (236 ft/min)
MTOM 175 kg (glider EW 88kg)

Electric version has MTOM 230 kg (EW 115 kg)

Speedboat100

Well... I am a bit conservative :)
Nothing against your design.
Just... when I was flying with RC models I noticed difficulties to recover spin with "V" tail models. What I want to say is that when you will start test flying pls. focuse on non standard situations like stalls, stalls during turns, spin recovery and flutter resistance. This is even more important when you use unusual aerodynamic solutions (free wing).
When I fly with new airplane I am glad to feel performance, but I am more glad if flight characteristics are friendly. In other words - I try to imagine situation when airplane is flown by non experienced pilot making mistakes.
Best regards!
Martin

Funny...I was just testing my aircraft design's model recovery from a flat spin.

John.Roo

Off Topic
From time 40:00 you can see emergency landing with twin jet "Quickie like" experimental. Pilot has been really, really lucky... It is instructive to see what decission pilot makes when higly stressed by engine failure. And it shows hard life of designers and test pilots of new airplanes...

Speedboat100

Off Topic
From time 40:00 you can see emergency landing with twin jet "Quickie like" experimental. Pilot has been really, really lucky... It is instructive to see what decission pilot makes when higly stressed by engine failure. And it shows hard life of designers and test pilots of new airplanes...

Pilot at least was stressed on this incident.

John.Roo

I really can´t get out from my head the idea of simple and light single seater.
So that you understand me well - I still want to share the beauty of flying so I enjoy flying with my wife with my sons and with friends and with other pilots etc ....
However... oneseater idea is still in my mind.

I was lookig for some reason and I can´t find it.
Maybe is normal - do you need reason to take your motorcycle and go out for few hours only to enjoy driving? Ideally with one stop for good coffee?
The only reasonable explanation is... arriving midlife crisis :cool:

....to the hell with thinking, let's make something.