What do you think about "e-soaring"?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

John.Roo

Edgley Optica flying on improved MSFS that uses latest Google Maps.....impressive micro-detail.....l
I agree - it is impressive how detailed is actual generation of flight simulators.
Really great help when I fly to unknown airfield 👍
Before I used very simple simulator "built-in" Google Earth.
But MSFS2020 seems to be a better option.
Just the hardware requirements...

John.Roo

Once more about simulators....
Condor 2 soaring simulator I have is affordable game for looooong winter evenings ;)
... and no high end PC hardware requested.
I downloaded Alps scenery and I did many flights between airfields Megeve and Sallanches to simulate propulsion system failure.

John.Roo

Nice shape 👍

1642081406977.png
1642081388722.png
1642081496832.png

John.Roo

PW-5 Smyk glider for approx. 2 000 EUR?
1642141443670.png
Sesana puts up for public auction five PW5 Smyk single-seater gliding aircraft that are currently at the Ocaña aerodrome (Toledo).

Senasa puts up for public auction five single-seat "PW5 Smyk" gliding aircraft that are currently at the Ocaña aerodrome (Toledo).
Senasa, a state company dependent on the Ministries of Finance and Transport, has put up for auction five single-seater 'PW5 Smyk' gliders for a starting price of 150 euros, which are currently at the Ocaña aerodrome (near Toledo).
Manufactured in 1996 and 1997, and with between 675 and 1730 flight hours, the aircraft have certificates of airworthiness and registration, maintenance manual and compliance with ULS/EASA directives Each of the gliders is in a different state of airworthiness , but all of them have the documentation associated with it for consultation.
The online auction will be open until January 27 on the Escrapalia portal. Any fan or company can participate in the process by registering for free, without the need to provide bank details or deposit deposits.

Last edited:

John.Roo

18 kW /235 kg +load =long take off ?

BTW=propeller hub=plastic printed ???
I think that this is not self launch version - just flight sustainer.
With 18 kW would be takeoff probably difficult.

Propeller cone seems to me laminated - just without paint.
But 3D printing could be possible.

danmoser

View attachment 120463
Thanks for posting this!
Is this propulsion unit only for use in their SZD-55-2 glider, or do they sell the propulsion package separately for people who want to put it on other experimental airframes?
Is this a different product than the FES by LZ Design in Solvenia?
LZ Design has very high prices and they apparently will not sell the FES to experimenters.
Maybe SZD has the same policy?

It would be nice to buy as a package.

Last edited:

John.Roo

Thanks for posting this!
Is this propulsion unit only for use in their SZD-55-2 glider, or do they sell the propulsion package separately for people who want to put it on other experimental airframes?
Is this a different product than the FES by LZ Design in Solvenia?
LZ Design has very high prices and they apparently will not sell the FES to experimenters.
Maybe SZD has the same policy?

It would be nice to buy as a package.
Good idea - I will try to ask SZD 👍