What Did You Fly Today?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Tiger Tim

All I did was go for an airplane ride in the back of a King Air A100. It may have been as an examiner but my candidate was good enough that it was pretty well a pleasant airplane ride.

dwalker

I flew the Cherokee the last two days for about 1.6 each day. Had not been up for a few weeks due to weather and scheduling. Yesterday was a very good day of flying for me.

Mark Z

The oil temp probe is centered in the oil drain plug. I doubt that it is giving any good info. Oil temp should be somewhere around 100*F over ambient. I’m not sure what that temp gauge is measuring. I did get another 4 t/o and ldg in the right seat with the owner today. EBF93773-811E-4971-B15C-0D46CB4FE273.jpeg88E08783-404B-42BE-8957-E4AFF1DDBE62.jpeg

TerryM76

HBA Supporter
That’s a direct reading system so take the probe out of the engine and place it in a pan of bowling water.…….should read 100 degrees C. Stick it in a pan of ice water…..you know what to expect there. If that’s a C-85 the probe will be in the oil screen housing measuring oil temp going into the engine.

Toobuilder

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Flew right over my house and didn't even stop by...

I see how it is Bill 😉

Just got back from a quick Rocket flight. Just out screwing around converting 100LL into noise. Sometimes you need to fly for just the hell of it.