What Did You Do To Save General Aviation Today?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Hehe, I flew with Ed Urbanowski in his Stearman over at Sterling, Mass. a few years ago. A tad more expensive than my J-3 hours but also with every penny! ;-)

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Old friend and neighbor used to own a 1943 Stearman and a 1943 Gull Wing Stinson and I got to fly each from time to time. He passed several years ago. My grandson went barnstorming for 3 summers with him when he was 15, 16, 17 years old.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Burned some 100LL to visit the Dodson International salvage operation (south of Kansas City) with some friends to look for some parts. The vast quantity of their inventory is just staggering, and admirably well-organized. I would guesstimate that they have several hundred thousand square feet of warehouse space filled to the gills. It takes them only a few days to reduce a corporate jet to a pile of boxed parts and a fuselage and set of wings sitting outside. Very impressive operation!

IMG_9074.JPG
IMG_9075.JPGIMG_9077.JPGIMG_9084.JPGIMG_9102.JPG

Tiger Tim

I had to head down to ACS today and rather than a long boring drive I took the Champ and was back in an hour. I don’t know if it saved GA in any way but I at least threw some money at the airport fueler and ACS.

Tiger Tim

Not sure what it did for GA but I tossed aside any notion of responsible work and flew the Tiger Moth all day. Got five flights in: one of circuits for myself, one regional airline pilot as pax, one of basically the next generation of Tiger Moth pilots as a partial recurrent checkout, one who had never flown in a small plane before, and one airline mechanic. Everyone was over the moon for their ride and lots of pictures were taken and later posted by them.

I think that’s a win.