What did you do on your airplane project today?

Discussion in 'Workshop Tips and Secrets / Tools' started by cdlwingnut, Sep 17, 2017.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Nov 4, 2019 #1441

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

positioned by eye? figure +- .01" ? or do you use some other mechanical aid to position the nipples?

2. Nov 4, 2019 #1442

cheapracer

cheapracer

cheapracer

Yes, by eye.

NEVER had a problem, ever, due to fold descepencies.

3. Nov 4, 2019 #1443

litespeed

litespeed

litespeed

The local workers are very motivated and paid in rice...............

No accurate bend............no rice.

bmcj, proppastie and cheapracer like this.
  4. Nov 4, 2019 #1444

David H

David H

David H

First time I have posted in this thread... the story begins with "Every journey begins with a single step". I purchased the plans to the VP1 last year and much of the plywood and Sitka Spruce over the Summer. Over the past two weekends I have used T88 epoxy gluing together the cores to F3 and F4. Although I have seen many VP projects starting on various components I confess I am starting on the first pages of the plans. Here are pictures of the cores of F3 and F4. F4 in Jig.jpg F3 in  Jig.jpg

5. Nov 9, 2019 #1445

gtae07

gtae07

gtae07

Got far enough on my electrical diagrams (and made it through the layoffs) so I ordered a pile of electrical equipment--wire, terminals, connectors, fuse blocks, empty battery cases, tools, etc. I can start laying in things like the power distribution system and a bit of the known wiring while I triple-check my "parts to buy to build my engine" list. Monday should be my first day out in the shop in a few weeks (finally!). The layoffs had me in a funk for a while so I stuck to doing computer work like wiring diagrams. Still need to finish them and figure out my routing so I can drill spar penetrations...

Getting work done with a 3-year-old who wants Daddy time all the time is a challenge...

cheapracer likes this.