What did you do on your airplane project today?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Chris.r.Ingram

Got half of the aileron bulkheads pressed out, need to flip the die over and do the other 20. With the new puppy, the whole house being sick and yard work/gardening taking up all my time last week. Hoping to get them done this week and then move on the the aileron ribs.
Still waiting impatiently for my wood to ship……….

Dominic Eller

Nothing to actually tell yet!, I’m only 60 ish landings in, but this is a totally different game with many many new skills and mind sets to ingrain and plenty of new ways to cock up big time. Very exciting, I feel like I’ve just flown solo for the first time again! How gold is that to get again 😝

Chris.r.Ingram

A04F9A14-6B26-461B-8068-6F7A310DDD19.jpeg5C0487F0-C5C3-4E08-A7F4-5BE7AF6DD464.jpeg

Spent a few hours today and got the other half of the bulkheads formed. Now I will make a simple jig on one of the tables for layout and can start drilling and cleco the bulkheads on. Am trying to get my brain in gear to make some new routing and forming templates for the aileron ribs but that will have to wait a few days.

Toobuilder

Log Member
Working to wire up the second generator on the Rocket. This is a small, 30 amp unit driven off the vacuum pad. If the main alternator fails, this unit will pick up the engine bus once the voltage drops below 14.2 VDC. Pretty good insurance for a 3 pound penalty. Hard to see, but the generator and regulator are connected to the convoluted plastic tube.

Generator.jpg

gtae07

Finished fitting and trimming the windscreen. Painted the glareshield and remaining interior closeout panels.
Next up is gluing the windshield in place

Kyle Boatright

Bled brakes, bled brakes, bled brakes, repeated to infinity. To be continued.
Installed interior panels until I ran out of screws.
Mounted spendy avionics.
Realized I'd put a BNC where I needed a TNC.
Removed GTN to address TNC issue.
Then realized I don't have any TNC's on hand.
Ordered screws and TNC connectors.
Fixed mis-fitting fuel valve handle.
Figured out how to secure the "whippy" end of the ELT antenna.

Most important of all: Received and registered new AMEX card, since the last one got compromised late last week and I'm on the Hamster wheel of futility - ordering about $10 of parts twice a week from ACS.

N804RV

I bought a new toy (tool, I mean tool!...) and successfully got it installed and setup.

Got tired of having to either go find someone with sheetmetal tools, or trying to make do with hand tools. So, now I have a 450lb 30" 3-in-1 sheetmetal tool!

To celebrate, I took the Sonerai out to look for holes in the PNW sky. Fun way to burn a little non-ethanol Mogas!